Your post-build budget
There’s no denying that building a new home is a very expensive time however once the build is complete, the spending doesn’t end.
Turning your new house your dream home is a gradual process and it may take years (if not forever) to get through your must-do and wish lists! Of course some things need to happen sooner rather than later, while other items can wait until you’re settled and have saved up.
Here’s our list of common costs after handover to assist with planning, budgeting and minimising unexpected surprises:
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- TV Antenna
- NBN/Optcomm connection
- Utility connections
- Concreting: driveway/crossover/paths
- Blinds, curtains and shutters
- Air conditioning
- Custom cabinetry
- Security doors
- Solar panels
- Security system
- Additional electrical items such as ceiling fans, feature lights and additional power points
- Termination fees at previous residence
- Furniture, furnishings and decorating
- Independent Post-handover Inspection prior to your maintenance period ending
Our advice is to priorotise the items, stick to your budget and avoid over extending yourself. Most importantly, enjoy the journey! It’s all part of the process and will be well worth your hard work and dedication!
Though of another expense that we haven’t? Let us know so we can add it to the list email@example.com